Saturday 17 April 2010

Ray of sunshine..

Hi guys,

Well today was a day filled with lots of sunshine but I know Mummy and Daddy would have forfeited this to go to the hospital and wait for their own ray of sunshine to arrive - namely me! But unfortunately that wasn't to be!

Well we had a lie in today and Mummy and Daddy just chilled out watching the usual saturday morning TV - 'Soccer AM'! I do like when Mummy and Daddy take it easy because I feel relaxed too. I know it was particularly strange for them this weekend as they were expecting me to have been here by now, but I am glad that they made the most of time together.

After lunch Daddy got busy and spent a few hours in the garden mowing the lawn and weeding. Daddy is funny because when he sets his mind on something he has to do it there and then, he even missed the football on the telly because he wanted it doing and out of the way! So Mummy and I just relaxed and waited for Daddy to finish, so we could go and enjoy the sunshine in the garden.

Unfortunately for Daddy we had to go into Witney for a few things - Daddy is not a big fan of shopping or shops in general (unless of course he is buying something for himself!) I think Mummy did really well as she made a list of the things we needed and the places we had to go to make the trip for Daddy less painful. Mummy quickly found the things she needed, but this still wasn't quick enough for Daddy as he started to huff a little. He told Mummy that when I eventually come along he will wait with me outside and stroll up the High Street. Mummy said it just would be far easier for Mummy and I to come shopping alone and leave Daddy at home!

When we got back my other Aunty Jacqui came to visit it us. I feel very special and lucky as she bought me a basket full of baby things and some books and chocolate for Mummy. We all sat out in the garden in the sunshine and Mummy and Aunty Jacqui caught up over a glass of Tango! I think Daddy preferred that we were sitting in the garden as Mummy and Aunty Jacqui when they are together are very loud and a tendency to shout at each other rather than talk (well that it was Daddy says anyway!)

It was nice to listen to all the things that they were saying because again a lot of the conversation was about me! But it was also nice for Mummy to see Aunty Jacqui because it has been ages since they have seen each other properly. I think Mummy enjoyed sitting in the garden and catching some rays. Hopefully the sun will still be shining when I finally come along, if not I know Mummy and Daddy are taking me away to Portugal in September for our first family holiday.


Well I think all this sun has made me sleepy so it's time for my siesta,

Keeping all my little toes and fingers crossed that I will be out soon,

Lots of Love Peanut xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment