Wednesday 14 April 2010

It's 50/50...

Hi guys,

Well I don't think I need to tell you that I am in fact still here snuggled up in my Mummy's tummy! I think once I finally do arrive Mummy and Daddy will be singing from the rooftops!!

Talking of singing, Daddy was in very high spirits this morning (very unusual as he is usually a bit grumpy - he is not good with mornings you see!) He thought when his alarm went off it would be fun for him to start whistling and singing, Mummy however was not as impressed as she had hardly slept again! Mummy kept huffing and puffing as Daddy seemed to be doing everything extra loud this morning. I thought this may be a sign as Daddy predicted today would be the day that I arrive. He still has 4 hours of today left - will he be right I wonder?

Aunty Helen came to visit Mummy today which was nice. We went for a nice stroll around Witney Lakes and then Mummy and Helen went to Sainsburys to get some tasty things for lunch -mmh fresh tiger bread and some yummy chocolate cakes! It was funny because the lady at the till said to Mummy that her waters broke on the way back from Sainsburys and the water was sloshing around the car as they turned corners!! Mummy laughed at Aunty Helen because she looked concerned as we were travelling in Aunty Helen's car and not Mummy's!

After Aunty Helen left it was time for Mummy and Daddy to go and visit the Midwife - Tracey. She checked Mummy's blood pressure and it was fine. She had a feel of Mummy's tummy and as Mummy had thought I have moved and I am now laying back to back with Mummy. This is not the best position for me or Mummy as it will make it more painful and take longer for me to come out. So she told Mummy that she needs to crawl around on all fours to get me to move back to where I should be - Daddy found this highly amusing!

The Midwife made an appointment with the hospital for Mummy to be induced - this is where they help get me moving since at the moment not much is happening! We are booked in for the 27th April at the moment, but this may change depending if other Mummys give birth in the meantime. I know one person that would love me to arrive on the 27th April and that person is my Aunty Jackie since it is her birthday! I wouldn't mind sharing my birthday with her as I know she is a special friend of Mummy's- However I'm not sure Mummy and Daddy can wait that long though!

The Midwife said that I score 5/ 10 for coming out before then - so Mummy and Daddy have said it's 50/50. So that is it Mummy and Daddy now know that I will make an appearance between now and the 27th April. I for one hope that it is before then because I know Mummy and Daddy are desperate to meet me and I can tell you the feeling is very much mutual!

Well I'm off for a snooze now as it's been a busy day,

Hope to meet you all very soon,

Lots of love Peanut xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment